GOLDING-YANG ART GALLERY
150 University Blvd | 606-783-2766 | website
Located within the Claypool-Young Art Building at Morehead State University.
- Features national entries for both group and thematic exhibitions, the gallery.
- Showcases the work of American contemporary artists, including faculty and student exhibitions.
- The gallery also hosts events, such as receptions with live music and refreshments, student performances, readings and book signings.
KENTUCKY FOLK ART CENTER
102 West First Street | 606-783-2204 | website
The Kentucky Folk Art Center at Morehead State University is a must-see.
Located in the historic Union Grocery building, the Center offers much more than a typical museum experience. KFAC houses:
- A permanent collection of nearly 1,400 pieces of self-taught art.
- A rotating collection of folk art, fine art, textiles, photography, and historical content.
- One of the best gift shops in the region, offering original folk art, crafts, jewelry, books, toys, housewares and much more.
Upon viewing folk art for the first time, many are attracted to its whimsical attributes, and we should take joy in these works as the artists intended. But in many instances, the art that you see on the walls at KFAC was born out of hard times. The works displayed here stand as a document of and testament to the concerns, courage, and convictions of the common man.
ROWAN COUNTY ARTS CENTER
205 East Main Street | 606-783-9857 | website
The Rowan County Arts Center, located on Main Street in the historic Rowan County Courthouse, offers:
- Rotating art exhibits by local artists
- A variety of art workshops through the year
- Morehead Theatre Guild’s productions
- Event space, perfect for large and small meetings, receptions and more.